Introducing the shark!
Starting this week there will be two notable changes:
- Only one pet will be release per week
- Pet click requirements have been raised
And while I’m throwing lists around, here is my reasoning behind this change:
- If I keep up 3 per week, we’re quickly going to run out of animals! Or at least the pet releases will be more like “New pet batch: the pillbug, sea urchin and lungfish!” and new users won’t have many stock species to adopt.
- Time spent making pets can now be used to make hats and other picture-based-features, since my artistic inspiration won’t be so stretched.
- you won’t be nearly as rushed to complete your collection
As for click requirements, they have been raised from 10>20>50 to 25>50>100. In addition to stretching each pet’s entertainment value it encourages more external clicks, which brings in more users. Just to clarify, 50 clicks will be the milestone where pets hatch, and 100 the completionist’s aim. This will also tie into the achievement system that’s coming very soon.
I’ll be keeping a very close eye on activity and traffic, and if these changes are having a negative impact they’ll be changed back next week or the week after. So voice your opinions in the forum, and I’ll be listening!
This is a trial, so don’t feel as though PixelWoods is going down the drain. ;)